The course aims to provide the student already having a basic knowledge of public and administrative law, with a deeper and more detailed knowledge of the cultural heritage and landscape sector.
The course will cover both the organizational and functional aspects of the subject-matter, including the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Tourism (MIBACT) structure and competence and the Code of cultural heritage and landscape provisions.
At the end of the course, student shall have acquired specific knowledge to allow them to:
- distinguish the specific features of the public structures involved in cultural heritage and landscape’s protection as well as the peculiarities of the relevant administrative procedures and legal instruments.
- interpret the Code’s provisions according to the most relevant administrative courts’ decisions on the matter.
Contents of the course:
- Cultural heritage public law and the relevant Ministry: the structure of MIBACT Legislative and administrative powers of the state and the regions (art. 117-118 Cost.)
- Cultural heritage and its definition
- Selecting and listing tangibles: public and private cultural property
- Heritage legal protection: usage and conservation. The cultural heritage market: domestic and international legal issues.
- Managing and improving cultural heritage: the public/public and the public/private partnership
- The legal protection of landscape: selecting and listing protected areas
- Landscape planning
- Landscape permissions
Teaching methodology: Lectures on the main topics of the subject matter to be integrated with the materials provided to the students by the teacher.
Oral exam. The exam aims to ascertain the knowledge of the subject–matter including the legislative provisions relating both to cultural heritage and landscape. Ability to sistematic reconstruction of the main legal issues and to present them correctly will also be evaluated. Marks are expressed in thirtieths.
ERASMUS students are kindly requested to contact the teacher at the beginning of the course to arrange teaching methodology and examination.
Via Carlo Montanari, 9
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits