This course provides the theoretical and methodological basis to analyze and interpret the economic relationships among economic agents (individuals and firms) operating in the market (perfect market, monopoly, oligopoly). Students will study the main micro- and macro-economic models and national accounts. They will be able to understand the economic phenomena of the modern market econo-mies and read the main economic newspapers.
conomic phenomena of the modern market economies and read the main economic newspapers.
1- The capitalist revolution
2- Technical change, demography and growth
3- Scarcity, labour and choice
4- The firm: owner, manager and employees
5- The firm and its clients
6- Demand, supply and competitive markets
7- The labour market: wages, profits and unemployment
8- Rents, prices and market dynamics
9- Markets, efficiency and public policies
10- Business cycle and unemployment
11- Unemployment and fiscal policy
12- Inflation, unemployment and monetary policy
1- National income accounting.
2- The goods market.
3- Financial markets.
4- The labour market.
5- The open economy.
6- Monetary and fiscal policies.
|The Core Team||L'economia. Comprendere il mondo che cambia||Il Mulino||2018||978-88-15-27819-7|
- Exam objectives: test the knowledge of the topics in the program and the ability to apply the concepts to the various problems proposed.
- Exam content: potentially all the topics in the program.
- Assessment methods: written with open questions, multiple choices and exercises, and a possible oral examination.
- Assessment methods: the final evaluation is expressed in 30/30.
- The exam procedures are not differentiated between students attending and non-attending classes.
Via Carlo Montanari, 9
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits