This course intends to analyse the role of associations and organisations, part of the so-called “third sector”, in civil operations in the constitutional and civil code framework, including special legislation and prospect for forms.
Students will have the opportunity to analyze one of the specific non-profit area of intervention, in the field of family protection and childcare. This course generally intends to introduce the students in these juridical problems, which they can address in their professional activity: knowledge of adminis-trative jurisdiction, social services administration and public intervention focused on minors’ protection.
This course, in other words, will give students instruments to see how they could insure family and child protection in emergency operations, caused by immigration uncontrolled because of humanities reasons, wars or climatic events. This way, students will be able to understand the juridical context of non-profit operations, their guidelines and limits in order to manager of the principal types of risks.
1) Regulations of juridical persons (corporations sole and unincorporeted associations) and Third sector system
- Study of juridical persons and collective entities: associations, foundations, committees; the setting-up and modification of juridical persons; the liability profiles of the bodies and management.
- No-profit sector: legal framework of the institutional bodies, no-profit associations, foundations and temporary associations, “Onlus” (NGO, voluntary organisation, social cooperatives) and hypotheses for reform them.
- Areas of actions: particular in “private social sector”, family law and childhood protection.
2) Dynamic interplay between private social sector, social service administration and jurisdiction in the field of individual, family and child protection
- The competent supervisory authority: Tribunale civile e penale ordinario; Giudice Tutelare; Tribunale per i minorenni; Procura (prosecutor office).
- Civil action law regarding family and minors law.
- The role of Social services (ordinary and specialist one) in juridical decisions: skills, organization and limits of them. The role of “private social sector”.
- Processual actors: tutore, curatore and minor right of defense. The “Autorità garante dei diritti dei minori”.
3) Public intervention in childhood protection
- Best interest of the child and his fundamental rights.
- Control of parental responsibilities: limiting measures, revocation, juvenile justice (ordinary jurisdictional protection and urgently proceeding, executions). Temporary care and adoption.
- Administrative urgently protection: urgently removal procedure by social services and the role of private social sector. Childcare proceeding carry out by social services.
4) Family law and “migrations pathways”
- International adoption. Solidarity-related childcare. The kafalah.
- The protection of foreign minors, accompanied or unaccompanied: the entrance of the territory, protection measures and residence permit.
- Aspects of international child abduction.
A. MAZZULLO, Il nuovo codice del terzo settore, Giappichelli, 2017;
L. LENTI-J. LONG, Diritto di famiglia e servizi sociali, Giappichelli, 2014, Parte seconda, Capitoli VIII (pp. 121-140), XVII e XXVIII (pp. 277-344);
F. RUSCELLO, Diritto di famiglia, Pacini, 2017, Capitoli XI e XII.
A. CORDIANO, Prime riflessioni sulle nuove disposizioni in materia di misure di protezione dei minori stranieri non accompagnati, in Nuova giur. civ. comm., 2017, n. 9, p. 1299 ss.
A.C. MORO, Manuale di diritto minorile, Zanichelli, 2008, Parte Terza, Capitolo 15, paragrafo 15.5 (pp. 450-455).
Further materials available to students during the course on e-learning.
Suggest use of the last edition of civil Code and legal framework.
|Francesco Ruscello||Compendio di istituzioni di diritto privato||Amon||2018||9788866031659|
|Francesco Ruscello||Diritto di famiglia||Pacini||2020|
|L. Lenti||Diritto di famiglia e servizi sociali||Giappichelli||2018|
|Mazzullo||Il nuovo codice del terzo settore||Giappichelli||2017||9788875243944|
|A. C. Moro||Manuale di diritto minorile||Zanichelli||2008|
Oral examination on the programme as a whole, including e-learning documents.
The result of the examination will be expressed in thirtieths.
Each part of the program is considered equivalent for the evaluation of the final assessment.
ERASMUS students are invited to contact Prof. Alessandra Cordiano to agree upon the program and the exam.