This course intends to analyse the field of family law in multiple perspectives; the programme is dedicated for students who would like to integrate the basics of family law already studied in Private Law Institutions. Especially, this course analyses family as social formation and fundamental right, consequences of the marriage, filiation bonds and family crisis.
The aim of the course is to train student with critical approach regarding family law questions under an unitary vision of the legal system, particularly with regard to the duties of operators to raise awareness of wide practical issues.
The knowledge acquired would allow, first of all, technical and professional instruments for students to assist families, stimulating the capacities of setting up networks of legal experts (judges, lawyers, legal guardian and curator) and others professionals (social services, educator and teachers). Secondly, this course will permit students to work taking on the ethic and professional responsibility thanks to the study of juridical issues underlying family conflicts.
Lectures, with active participation by the students including through the analysis of case studies. Students are strongly advised to come to lectures with the relevant legislation so that they can develop an adequate ability to read and interpret the law.
Anyway, students have the possibility to resolve uncertainties during the weekly student meeting according the timetable published in the professor’s webpage.
For attending students:
the course will be characterized of intensive lectures and seminars, based on documents avaible on e-learning. In particular, the Programme covers:
- Family law and family relationships: new family models e new forms of parenthood.
- The courts and administrative bodies charged with protecting family and juveniles: juvenile justice (functions, structure, division of powers among various bodies, prospects for reform); social services and juveniles; interaction between the administrative authorities and the courts.
- Separation and dissolution of marriage and minors’ protection.
- Protection from domestic violence and Tort law in areas of family and minors’ law.
- Filiation: Parental responsibility limits to and lapse of parental authority, and removal of children from their parents' custody.
- Adoption and foster care.
Documents and materials will be provided through the platform e-learning.
For no attending students:
1. Family in italian system
2. Family solidarity
3. Marriage institution
4. Marriage invalidity
5. Matrimonial relationship (duty and rights)
6. Matrimonial relationship (patrimonial regimes and compensation)
7. Separation and divorce
8. “Unioni civili e convivenze”
10. Parental responsibility (duty and rights)
11. Child protection (judicial form of interventions)
12. Child protection (administrative and social forms of interventions)
Textbook: F. Ruscello, Diritto di famiglia, 2017, Pacini.
|F. Ruscello||Diritto di famiglia (Edizione 2)||pacini||2020||9788833791531|
Oral examination will focus on the programme as a whole.
Each part of the program is considered equivalent for the evaluation of the final assessment.
The result of the examination will be expressed in thirtieths.
ERASMUS students are invited to contact Prof. Alessandra Cordiano to agree upon the program and the exam.