The course aims at teaching:
* the ability to analyse and understand tourism law, with particular reference to the national and international law, the uniform private international law and the European Union law;
* the ability to set (in written and oral form) legal issues related to the main themes of the syllabus, with reference to the contracts of the hotel business and to the contract of travel, to the regional legislation about tourist services market and to the protection of the different (public and private) interests belonging to citizens, users and consumers;
* an appropriate and specific disciplinary lexicon, an ability to formulate independent judgements about concrete cases and a method that allows the continuous learning and updating of the student’s knowledge.
The course aims at analysing the statutory discipline of tourism. It will consider the most important specific statutes and so the Italian, international and European Community ones. Specific attention will be devoted to the analysis both of the directive UE 2015 / 2302 which has modified the previous directive 90 / 314 / CEE and of the decreto legislativo n. 62 of 2018. In this perspective, the course will analyse the regional regulation of the tourist services and will consider the regulation of travel agency liability.
A specific consideration will be devoted to tourist contracts, such as the voyage contract. The course will consider the so called damage of spoiled holiday and its evolution both in doctrine and in jurisprudence till decreto legislativo n. 62 of 2018.
The course will consider the theme of tourist professions.
The course will centre on:
1. The statutes.
2. The tourist firm.
3. The hotel industry and other tourist organizations.
4. The contracts of hotel industry.
5. The travel agency.
6. The contract of package tour.
7. The so called damage of spoiled holiday.
8. The contracts of transports in the perspective of tourism.
9. The tourist professions.
The advised handbook.
Franceschelli - Morandi, Manuale di diritto del turismo, Giappichelli, ult. ed, esclusi i capitoli VI; XIII.
|Franceschelli - Morandi||Manuale di diritto del turismo (Edizione 7)||Giappichelli||2019||9788892130517|
The exam will be oral and will focus on the whole program. The exam is aimed at verifying:
the depth of knowledge gained;
the property of language;
the capacity for analysis and argumentation.
The student can meet the Professor during the office hour indicated in the web page.